Fees - Study in TAFE
On this page you will find information about fees:
- TAFE NSW courses
- TAFE NSW English language course
- TAFE NSW to University pathways
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Other fees
- Payments, reviews and refunds
You should refer to individual course pages for other costs related to your study.
The tuition fee is payable in advance every semester. Your letter of offer from TAFE NSW will explain payment details.
You will need to pay the following fees related to your course:
- A registration fee of A$100 (non-refundable)
- A tuition fee – the total course fee can range from:
- A$4,210 to A$15,340 per semester for vocational courses
- A$6,540 to A$10,600 per semester for TAFE NSW Degree courses
The tuition fee listed on course pages is the total fee for the course. Payment is required on a per semester basis. To calculate the semester fee for a course, divide the total course fee by the course duration and then again by two.
(total course fee ÷ course duration) ÷ 2 = semester fee
Course fees include tuition, orientation program, additional study skills tuition, use of multimedia libraries, computers and other campus facilities, and assistance from student advisers and counsellors.
Course fees do not include the cost of textbooks, stationery, uniforms, accommodation, meals, health insurance cover or transport.
Develop your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills from beginner to advanced level at one of our TAFE NSW English Language Centres. You can also combine an English course with another TAFE NSW course so you will only need one visa.
The fees are:
- An application fee of A$150 (non-refundable)
|English Language course||CRICOS No||To exit at IELTS score*||2018 fee||2019 Fee|
|English Language Program (Beginner to Advanced)||069146A||5.5||$280 |
English Language Program (Beginner to Advanced) with Academic English
|*Estimated equivalent on completion|
Read more about English courses.
TAFE NSW to University Pathways
TAFE NSW to University pathway programs allow students to enter a Bachelor Degree program with guaranteed credit at leading Australian universities. The fees are:
- A registration fee of A$100 (or A$150 registration fee for TAFE/English package) (non-refundable)
- TAFE NSW course fees
- Partial payment deposit for university course
- Australian Catholic University (ACU): A$5,000
- Charles Sturt University (CSU): A$10,000/$20,000
- University of Technology Sydney: A$110
- University course fees. The university provisional offer will state the credit you will receive for the TAFE NSW course, length and approximate costs of the degree.
The deposit schedule or Prepaid Tuition Deposit* will be:
- For high risk areas (Level 3 countries), one year's fee upfront
- All other applicants - One session fee (4 units) upfront
The non-refundable fee schedule for TAFE NSW is:
- For high risk areas (Level 3 countries), one session fees
- All other applicants - $5,000
Read more about TAFE NSW to University pathways.
Health insurance, called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), is compulsory for international students studying in Australia. This insurance covers you for certain medical costs if you need to visit a doctor or go to hospital while you are studying in Australia.
Please let TAFE NSW International know if you have already arranged OSHC, otherwise, we will arrange standard OSHC cover for you with Medibank Private. We will invoice you for the insurance premium along with your tuition fees.
From 1 May 2018, the cost for standard OSHC is A$600 per year per single student.
|Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) charges||2018 - 2019|
|Single student||Couple |
(Student with Spouse)
(Student with family)
Health cover cards will either be delivered to you directly from Medibank Private to your Australian address or via TAFE NSW International. This process may take a few weeks. If you need medical attention before you receive your membership card, you should pay for the service and keep all receipts. You can claim a refund from Medibank Private.
You should check the policy carefully in advance, including the details of what is covered. Optional extra cover is available at an additional fee.
Serious medical problems should be declared on your application form and taken care of before you come to Australia, as standard OSHC generally does not cover pre-existing medical conditions.
For more information about OSHC, visit the Medibank Private website
TAFE NSW offer assistance when you arrive at the airport. Staff can arrange to meet you at the airport and assist with accommodation.
|Service||2018 - 2019|
|Airport pick-up fee||A$140|
|Accommodation placement fee||A$300|
|Homestay fee||A$310 |
Read more information about arrival services.
Uniforms, equipment and textbooks costs range from A$300 - A$2,500 per course. For example:
- Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) students should allow A$300 - A$450 for a knife kit and uniform
- Hairdressing students should allow A$125 for an equipment kit and A$495 for workbooks
- Maritime students should allow A$1,500 for specific qualifications such as Marine GMDSS Operation
- Dental Technology students are charged A$400 per semester for use of materials in the dental laboratory
- Floristry students should allow A$2,500 for use of materials
Note: The above costs are estimates only.
Review of fees
TAFE NSW reserve the right to review its fees. If the tuition fees are increased, you will be required to pay the new fees as they are introduced
For the full refund policy, refund procedure, and complaints procedure please refer to the terms and conditions page.
Read more about other expenses and living costs.